Friday, October 24, 2008

Sight Seeing 2!

So here we go again trying to get caught up. Oh well, I may have to except that it may never happen. To continue on in the exciting adventures we had in Seattle. After our trip on the Ducks we enjoyed some time on the Spaceneedle and some lunch there too!











This was our amazing deseret. Well it was actually just ice cream with caramel and chocolate but the dry ice effect was awesome!















I love being on top of the Spaceneedle and getting to see the whole city while you eat. As you can see we had perfect weather



This was one of my favorite things. The lady to the left of me is named Betty and she is from Chicago. We happened to be standing next to each other on the observation deck at the Space Needle when she noticed how clear our reflections were in the window. She said she wondered if a picture would turn out. I was sort of evesdropping and so I said "Let's see". I pulled out my camera and this was the result. I got to email it to her a week or two later!





So Melissa and I had to try it out ourselves and got a great shot of the citty. If you look really hard you can see the people behind the glass.







It's okay to admit that.......... these are the two sexiest vickings you have ever laid eyes on! Thank you Ye Old Curiosity Shoppe for making this memory possible.








We found the Fremount Troll! Now you may think that because I grew up in the Seattle area that I have been to all of these spots, but you would be wrong. My parents are not big fans of the city having spent most of their lives living in or close to it, so they never took us to see great works of art like this troll statue. I think its creepy but a must see in Seattle! If you don't know he lives under the Fremount Bridge and is holding a VW beetle i believe.


After the Troll we ended our days adventures with a tour of the U district up by the University of Washington and then down on to First Hill where i currently work and where i worked during nursing school. Melissa was a little disturbed by the ghetto fabulous hospital that is Harborview Medical Center. I know the idea of going to work at a hospital that needs metal detectors may seem scary but no worries it was a fabulous place to work. If I wanted to take care of adults again I would love to work there!


Our next day consisted of a trip to Mt. Rainier. It was again picturesque and we got to stop on our way at the Black Diamond Bakery for a Cinnamon roll. My friend and former hometeacher Jon joined us and provided the musical entertainment for the trip!








Our last day in Seattle was a trip to the Ocean. We drove out to Westport and although it was sunny and blue skies it was windy and cold! We made the best of it and got stuck driving on the beach several times (4 i believe, check out melissa's blog for documentation of the fun).










We also flew a kite and built a sandcastle. all in all a very relaxing day.



















No comments: