Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sight Seeing in Seattle!




So I realize that I have become a total slacker at the blogging thing. But in my defense the last month has been very hectic and so my time energy and brainpower have been focused elsewhere.


Back about a month ago my dear friend Melissa came to visit lonely little me in Seattle. We did lots of "touristy" things and had some new experiences for both of us. Here is a photographic tour of our adventures!




First stop on our journey of fun was to go to Snoqualmie Falls. Breathtaking, awe inspiring. the short hike down to the falls was also quite beautiful. The foliage in this picture is just a taste of what alot of Western Washington looks like. If you like green, this is the place for you!










First stop on the next day was to RIDE THE DUCKS! It was awesome. Very entertaining and you get to see a lot of Seattle in 90 minutes. The Ducks are WWII amphibious vehicles that have been transformed into non-stop funny machinces. The start you off on land and you see lots of stuff, then you get to go onto the water! That's the duck behind me in the top photo. Photo number two is our duck skillfully entering the waters of Lake Union. On Lake Union there are lots of house boats. If you have seen Sleepless In Seattle, then you have seen one of the most famous house boats ever. In fact the third photo is a photo said house boat. Yes my jealous friends, this is were Tom Hanks character lived in that iconic movie! (Don't worry we made sure to watch the movie the next day!) The cute little duck boy in the last picture was on our tour and he artfully danced up and down the aisle of the duck while wearing that hat. It was sooooo CUTE!

3 comments:

Megs said...

Washington is so beautiful! Why oh why did I ever leave?

Tina said...

That Ducks thing is cool! I never went on it, but always wondered. I'll have to do it sometime when I visit. :0( visit...not live. At least there are beaches here. If you ever need sun and sand come a visit!

Cari said...

Thanks, i know i'll be in miami for a day or so in february. i'm going on a cruise. after 6 weeks enduring a new york winter i think i'll need it.