Friday, August 22, 2008

True Confessions

So i have decided that tonight is the night i will openly admit something that by some could be deemed as thoroughly embarassing, but that i am choosing to fully embrace. i have read and loved all four of the Twilight books. Now this admission may cause some of you to stop and rethink our friendship, i hope you can forgive me and love me despite this great flaw. I can't help myself. so many people were reading them and i was in desperate need of something a little less intellectual than my most recent of reading choices (namely The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama, and Three Cups of Tea) and once i started it was all over. I was hooked. I told Melissa that i couldn't stop and she said "i know, they are like literary crack". Melissa, i couldn't agree more.

Now for those of you unfamiliar with these books they are just your classic teenage human girl falls for amazing, hot teeage vampire boy who wants her blood more than anyone other humans but he has a moral and ethical dillema to killing humans. oh yeah and she is the great love of his life. Just a sweet story and totally plausible;)

To make matters worse i am now excited for the movie to come out this November, and i really shouldn't be. We all know it won't be as good as the book, but i can't help myself i have been "bitten" (sorry it is almost 4 am and i couldn't stop myself) by the Twilight bug.

So for those of you who haven't read them, and are looking for some good literary crack that won't make you think too hard, i suggest Twilight, New Moon, Eclispe, and Breaking Dawn for a weeks worth of reading pleasure.

5 comments:

Megan said...

You are SO cute Gates, I loved this post, your little ways of saying it all . . . so you're a sucker for Edward too huh? I completely agree with you, I want to see the movie, but I know I'll be disappointed. When I first saw the trailer for it I immediately thought, "What? That can't be Bella's room!" I totally have it all in my head how it is and suppose to be . . . and when that movie comes out I'll be so confused :)

Kristina said...

literary crack- the absolute perfect description :) I just finished New Moon and am not allowing myself to purchase the last two until after the NCLEX and plus my family is complaining that I'm ignoring them and have only come home to read vampire love stories... I just can't help it, I need my fill.

Megs said...

I so love these books! And, I hadn't realized the movie release date had been moved up to November--very exciting!

Cari said...

yes i'm a sucker but really i am sucker for the whole thing and i would totally be happy with my own vampire boyfriend, it doesn't have to be edward, bella can keep him.

can i just add that i miss you guys too?

Melissa said...

Hey Cari, I just found your blog off of Kenzie's! It was fun to read a little bit about what you have been up to. I too confess to reading the Twilight series. After lno less then ten people told me to try them, I finally broke down and started the first one. I wasn't expecting a lot, but I got totally hooked. However I have to say although Edward was perfect, I was a little bit of Jacob fan. There's not a lot of them out there, but I was rooting for the werewolf :)