Saturday, August 29, 2009

Apron-Palooza!!

Welcome to Apron-Palooza! So last year I got this crazy idea that I should make aprons for people for Christmas! Great idea except I hadn't done any sewing for years and have a tendency to allow projects to get too big and to procrastinate too much. So alas on the 23rd of December and Christmas Eve I was still sewing...but I think it was worth it. I'll let you decide!






The top one was the first one I made. I actually made 2 of the same and they went to some mission companions, hence the strong asian influence. The Christmas apron was for Sister Bowers because I love her so. Hers is also the only Christmas one I made. Maybe more will come in the future.
The Second of the two asian aprons.












This was for Grandma Fawcett. I love it!




















Kristina's jumped out at me like it was meant for her!



































Aunt Janet's is some of my favorite fabric because it was so unique.

And Grandma Gates' makes me think of her when I see it!





















I took a break from sewing for months and finally took it up again for Mackenzie's birthday! This was the easiest of all the fabric combinations to pick out!





And Abby's apron! Great Grandma Fawcett's sewing machine broke just as I was tryng to get it done for her birthday. I think it had something to do with me sewing on Sunday. It still hasn't been able to be fixed and hence confirms my belief that she is haunting it as punishment for my transgression! Luckily I have my own sewing machine here in utah and finally last week finished Abby's apron which is now 8 months late for her birthday and will be mailing it shortly!











Last but not least is mine! The trim fabric for my apron was the catalyst for this whole crazy adventure so i find it funny that it took me a whole year to finally get it done! So there you go...Apron-Palooza is taking a break but I'm sure it will resurface soon!












2 comments:

Tina said...

Wow! Those are some CUTE aprons! Way to go. Did you use a pattern?

emilybolles said...

So cute! I love the fabrics you chose! You are so domestic!! It is fun to read about all of your adventures... keep it coming:0)