Tuesday, August 25, 2009

BOSTON!







So my i'm playing catch up with my blogging...sorry for the delay but here is my trip to boston, ma for a work conference. The conference is the Heart Rythum Society and it is an international conference for the electrophysiology world, and probably the biggest, somewhere around 20,000 people converged on the historic city of Boston and I was one of them! I flew there with a good portion of my team on May 12th and as we were boarding the plane with half of the lab staff, 2 of our attendings, our manager, our service line director and some of our research team, that if we crashed the Uof U hospital would no longer have an EP department. So thanks to the crew of that flight for delivering us safely to Boston!

Well a great week of learning and sight seeing followed and i have some photo documentation to prove it!
Starting with....
The CHEERS BAR!!!!! Classic Show and just a short walk from my hotel! The first night we were there we had dinner at a great sushi place and then walked here! This is the outside of the store that they used for the openning credits the inside was a little different though. When we were in there I saw a priest, no joke, collar and all, which I thought was a little strange for a man of God and all....

















...This door may look familiar if you watched the show at all...



Then there was......













...the beauty of old meets new that is everywhere in Boston!

Boston Commons is gorgeous, and this older couple was so cute i snuck a picture! Oh and that's Paul Revere in statue form.







On the last full day in Boston, Steph and I took and old town trolley tour around the city which was perfect! You can take all sorts of pictures and get on and off whenever you choose! This is the Cathedral for the 7th Day Adventiths or the Christian Scientist, I kinda forgot! It was beautiful though!






















Fenway Park! Need I Say more!











OLD IRONSIDES!!!!!! Yes I made it! so exciting!
















And we just made it to Bunker Hill to snap a picture of the monument before we had to head back to the trolley!






The last stop on our trolley tour was along the Freedom Trail and with in 5 minutes of our hotel. We stopped at the site of the Boston Massacre and where the Declaration of Independence was first read in Boston. (see following picture)




























Right across from our hotel, the Omni Parker House, which is the oldest running hotel in the US, was the cemetery where John Hancock(see left) and other essential people in the Revolution(see below).






Paul Revere's Grave















This is Ben Franklin's Parents Grave.








This is Mother Goose! She's real!
















Don't worry i worked a little, okay maybe not as much as I should have, but I was in Boston and we had to do some site seeing! I'll do better next year, its only Denver!









No comments: