Sunday, December 14, 2008

Massages Are A Must!

I got a weekend off finally and got to come down to Salt Lake and get some good friend time in. Part of every trip back to Salt Lake that I make is to go to my favorite eyebrow waxer (you may think that anyone can do this but no, i only like to trust my eyebrows to Suzanne at waxing gurus. If you need someone she is the best!), and to get my hair done. I had managed to get these appointments scheduled within the first 24 hours of my arrival. Let me add at this point that it has made the trip so much more enjoyable. Along with my eyebrow maintainance i thought getting a massage might be a nice treat. Oh ho was i right my friends! now it has been 3 years since my last massage. I always think of getting one but then i decided that i don't know where to find a good massage therapist and i don't want to trust my back to just anyone. Well I know that I love Suzanne at waxing gurus and i have had excelent service there between eyebrows and airbrush tanning so i thought i would give her therapist a shot. And was i right. Her name is Julie and she is the best! Super sweet and thoughtful. The room was warm, and she was patient with my horribly tense back. i have knots on top of knots i think. I would like to add at this point that I did have a very long day before this and had not slept, except for on the plane, in over 24 hours. Also my car almost didn't make it to the dealership and my luggage was 9 lbs over weight that morning and my night at work and been a very emotionally draining one. I was a mess. Well after all the work she did on my back using some great visualizationd techniques and some expert hands my back is feeling better and i believe that i am completely converted to a monthly massage. After 8 years in healthcare and a mission that involved uncomfortable amounts of kneeling and biking my back is a disaster. And since i am only 26 (for 2 more months) i should really take better care of it.

So my advice to all of you, if you can get a massage, and drink lots and lots of water!

No comments: